Sonntag, 15. Juni 2014

Jeweled Journey Part 1



Hey there!

It´s been ages since my last blog post and I´d like to explain to my loyal readers (are the any?), WHY I´ve been so quiet … well, I still love paper crafting, but now I switched from paper crafting to jewelry making!


It´s been 4 years ago, when I found Jamie´s gorgeous pieces on her site Simply Me Art… since then, the fire was lit. But I didn´t dare to really start making jewelry – I did just one necklace …





….and the stopped for a while…. Anyhow I never stopped following Jamie´s blog. She was very nice and gave me some very good advice, as e.g. buying Amy Hanna´s book Rejuvenated Jewels  


Since I really wanted to give it a try, I started buying “treasures” on flea markets and antique markets… such as broken rhinestone jewelry, old brooches etc. …



About a year later I subscribed to Where Women Create and found an article about Andrea Singarella and a beautiful photograph of her sitting in front of her desk and wearing a selfmade necklace. 

You can read the article HERE.


I was so inspired by her, that I made myself a necklace with beautiful dark pearls within the next 2 days – and I love it still:
  



Please stay tuned for some more stages of the Jeweled Journey!

Thank you so much for keeping faith with me!


8 Kommentare:

  1. Hi Uli, so nice to see you blogging again:) Love your pearl necklace, so different! Look forward to seeing more of your creations.
    Val x

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Wow.... endlich wieder mal was zu sehen bei dir.
    Mir gefallen beide Werke sehr gut, aber das Rad ist der Hammer....Wunderschön.
    lg und eine schöne Woche
    Monika

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Hello Uli!! I can't wait to see your creations ... I adored that necklace and I just know that you will make the most beautiful things ... So nice to see you back!

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. how glad I am to see you posting again ! Your creations are so exiting and surprising: who could not be crazy about them! wish you a relaxing Weekend at the sea...
    Hugs, Erni

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Du bist ja sehr kreativ mit deinen Ketten- Das Rad sieht super aus Ulina! LG Gerlinde

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Hi Ulina! I have missed you! I think your jewelry is very lovely :) Very vintage. My daughter is in to jewelry making as well now and I was looking for some kits on ebay to help her with her new hobby. But she still loves doing her paper crafts too.
    Love Pearl x

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. You have been missed, see you do have loyal followers ! What beautiful jewellery and as a jewellery shop owner and designer I should know lol ! So glad to see you back and look forward to seeing more of your gorgeous creations.

    Marie

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Man muß immer wieder neue Sachen ausprobieren, um zu sehen was einem am meisten liegt....
    Deine Halsketten sind echt fantastisch und passen bestimmt zu vielen outfits!
    Schön, dass du wieder da bist! :)
    LG Rosi

    AntwortenLöschen

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment - it´s much appreciated!

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...