Mittwoch, 16. Februar 2011

Relaxing and Crafting in Croatia

We´re back home!


Oh, how wonderful our vacation was! 11 days of continuous sunshine within 14 days of vacation!
I´m not sure if it was true or if I was dreaming: I lay out in the sunshine with only my bathing clothes on! In February!

Usually I´m kind of sad, when vacation is over because deep in my heart I´m a traveller… but this time it´s better… not only that we had the most beautiful time in Croatia – I was also able to meet the gorgeous Nina B. from “Crafting in Croatia”! She is a fabuluous crafter and designer! You can see her work here http://ninabdesigns.blogspot.com/

Because of the fact that she parted from some older Papertrey Ink stamp sets, I was lucky to buy 3 PTI sets – GREAT! Sadly PTI has high shipping costs to Europe, so I didn´t buy me some until now, although I adore their beautiful sets. But now I have at least 3 older ones – and so I´m able to participate in their challenges – yay!!!

I feel very, very relaxed and even though it´s snowing outside :-(  I feel happy!

(You´ve to know that in my opinion Austria is positioned on an absolutely wrong degree of latitude!)

So I want to start this week ( a little late) by sharing 2 cards I made last year – in fact my personal favourites of 2010:
“Sadly” they´re not in my possession any more, but I kow that they´re in appreciative hands .

The fabric is a scrap I rescued from the trash bin in a millinery store (or how do you call the stores where you buy fabric by yard/meter?) – the rest of the card is digitally created and printed.

Oh, I forgot the pearl – last year I loved strolling through some Viennese flea markets – I bought some old fashion-pearl-jewelery and cut it up (barbaric!) – so the middle of my fabric flowers is a shiny pearl.

I hope you enjoy the following cards – thanks for stopping by!

PS: “Danke” is German for “Thank you”



 
 I´ll link them up to:

http://bunnyzoescrafts.blogspot.com/2011/02/challenge-9-spring-flowers-everywhere.html

http://cheerfulstamppad.blogspot.com/2011/02/challenge-11-colors-red-and-white.html

http://gingerloftchallenge.blogspot.com/2011/02/gl11-color-red.html

http://challengeupyourlife.blogspot.com/2011/02/challenge-37-ton-in-tonmonochrome-gd.html

15 Kommentare:

  1. Wow! These are beautiful!!!! I love the simplicity of them, but they almost jump off the page at you. Do you know where you got the printed stems from? How do you get such an intense red? Mine always seem to be a little dull. Glad you had such a great time on vacation. Hugs, dj

    (I guess you added my name correctly for me to receive the emails from you when you post.) Yeah!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. THANK YOU, dj!

    Oh, these stems are a digital brush - and I use a Canon printer - I just choose a nice Red in Photoshop and then I print it out... no secrets...

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Both cards are so pretty Uli! That red really does stand out! Love the fabric flowers! The pearls are perfect! I have thought of doing that too! I would have atatcked my wedding dress if I thought about it. I kept it 17 years and it was ruined by the cleaners, so it could never be used for anything, but the pearls would have been perfect, but I got rid of it before I thought about it.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. What a beautiful card! I love your flowers. They look like they were difficult to make. Thanks so much for entering my challenge "Red and White" on the Cheerful Stamp Pad. Hopefully you are a follower and will return often to take part in my challenges.

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Both stunning cards, and I loved reading your post. I dismantle things too...it's fun and quite freeing isn't it lol. I love your fabric flowers, they are very beautiful. Thanks for your comments on my posts too. Hugs lin

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Wow look at those flowers! I love them! and i love the clean and crisp red and white! Good luck and thanks for playing along with us in the Color Red Challenge at Gingerloft Challenge. We hope you can play along with us again this fortnight. The Navy Wife

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. What an absolute stunner! So clean and fresh with a nice splash of red!!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Gingerloft Challenges :)
    huggs
    Lynn xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Wow, war für tolle Karten! Beide gefallen mir sehr sehr gut :)
    Danke für die Teilnahme bei Challenge up your life!

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. woow! This is simply beautiful! Love the flowers...adorable!

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. wow, beautiful, elegant card! Love it.

    AntwortenLöschen
  11. Sorry I am so late seeing this Uli! The cards are absolutely beautiful! :)
    XoXo
    Kristen

    AntwortenLöschen
  12. Really gorgeous card, you have a fabulous graphic style, really wonderful!!

    AntwortenLöschen
  13. Such pretty cards......just can't get off your blog now lol :O) Viv xx

    AntwortenLöschen

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment - it´s much appreciated!

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...