A few years ago I had severe problems with my skin – the doctor said, I should minimize stress – so that´s what I do ! :-)
So I thought it´s a good idea to begin 2011 as I ended 2010: with a nice afternoon at a Viennese Café.
My hubby and I visited Café Museum… here´s what we had:
Sweet-chestnut-cake and hot chocolate with Cointreau and whipped cream – topped with fresh incredibly good smelling orange zest:
Hubby had raspberry-mousse-cake with his favourite “Einspänner”…
…. and then Café Sobiesky, which is Mokka with Wodka and honey
So I had a quite stress-free afternoon ;-) we stayed there for nearly 3 hours and enjoyed the treats, talking and reading newspapers and magazines...
Enjoy your Sunday!
OK, I don´t want to leave you with that now... here´s what I can offer you:
MY FAVOURITE RECIPE FOR APPLE CAKE... it is quick, easy and incredibly delicious smelling while baking - I love, when the whole house smells like a vanilla blossom!
* Cover a baking sheet or baking tin with puff pastry (ready from the supermarket).
* Peel some apples, cut them in slices and cover the dough.
* Beat 2 egg-whites
* Mix 2 yolks with 100g sugar and 10g vanilla suger until light and creamy, then add 500g sour cream (or 250g sour cream and 250g curd/quark) and 1 pack of pudding powder (size:usually enough for 0,5litre milk)
* Fold in the beaten egg-whites and pour this on the apples - smooth down
* Bake that for approx. 30min. at 175°Celsius (depends on your oven!) and enjoy the spreading scent of vanilla!
ENJOY WHILE STILL A LITTLE BIT WARM !!